I love haiku. I have spent many an evening writing in haiku with family and friends.

I live for haiku
Syllables and brevity
A geeky girl's dream

Bookmark. Follow it.
Share with me your own haiku.
Joy will come to you.

Silly, reflective
Any subject will be fine
Communicate it

I welcome your comments especially if they are left in haiku form.

Monday, December 8, 2008

School assignment

(As I have been working on my electronic portfolio, I encountered this assignment I did. It was a summary of four chapters of a classroom management book. When I said I loved Haiku, I was serious.)

All five hands are up
My eyes roll as I notice
The same five students

Who do I help first?
I'll start with the closest one
Class! Be quiet. NOW!

Ineffective? Yes
The questions are numberless
They just don't get it.


Met a man named Jones
He advised Praise, Prompt, and Leave
This sounds intriguing


I must change approach
Talking them through the problem
Is doing their work


Notice the right stuff
Give a prompt in less than ten
Turn and walk away


A visual prompt
That's an amazing idea
Easy reference

Verbal/Visual
Don't stop your instruction there!
Do! Get physical


Say it, see it, do--
Like rather, rinse, and repeat--
Are done as needed

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

I love haiku! Hopefully I'll get back here later to participate.

Wanted to let you know how great it is that your students are participating in The One-Minute Writer. Thanks for sharing it with them!

Beth