I love haiku. I have spent many an evening writing in haiku with family and friends.

I live for haiku
Syllables and brevity
A geeky girl's dream

Bookmark. Follow it.
Share with me your own haiku.
Joy will come to you.

Silly, reflective
Any subject will be fine
Communicate it

I welcome your comments especially if they are left in haiku form.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A lot to learn

3,000 new words
Intimidating request
One chemistry text

(This haiku was inspired by a statement found in a journal article I'm reading titled "Teaching Reading in Mathematics and Science". The authors cite an article by W.G. Holliday which suggested that a high school chemistry text can include 3,000 new vocabulary terms which is more than students are expected to learn in foreign language classes.)

No comments: